Beyond the body there is a spirit, your spirit, which the Dalai Lama and every world sage throughout history has come to recognize. It is the spirit that possesses all the answers as to what and who we are. We need only to believe in it, and listen to it. These reviews give you an insight as to how this book helps to point you in the right direction; noting the hero in this story, Baconian Zanzibar, represents everyone who is looking for the answers that will bring peace everlasting. BjR
COSMIC TRAVELER WITH A SMASHED COMPASS
* By reading your book I am less scared of death...see it more as the beginning of an exciting journey vs 'The End'. It also makes me seriously take a look of how I am living Every Moment NOW. Friend for life. Elle - General Reader
* This book is a riot of insightful thinking, humor and story telling that addresses the biggest question of them all - what happens when we die? If the book is any indication, there is much to look forward to, so long as you learn how to play the eternal game. Dr Stephen Bird - Cambridge PHD - Linguistics and Philosophy.
* This book is simply BRILLIANT. The author is insanely bright, and his creativity is off the charts. He has tapped into the universal fear of the unknown: Death. We can not get far enough away from it but, at the same time, we are consumed by it's lure. And the author, with unbearable wit makes the journey to Hell seem like it may just be a joy ride and worth the ticket to get there. How cool is that? Obviously prepared by years of study and deep philosophical pondering, you has simplified the Meaning of Life by throwing it like a lemon pie right in the middle of our face. We, unprepared for the impact, are scared, but as the aroma hits us, and the taste of the bitter sweet hits our tongue, we are curious to take a bigger bite. This book, one in a million, will not only be successful but will impact the minds of even the greatest skeptics. RC - English Literature PHD
* I am over six chapters into the book and am loving every minute of it! Although I haven't finished the book I have to say Baconian (protagonist) is quickly becoming one of my heroes! Thank you for making this book available. It is a beautiful gift you have imparted on us. Lord Jagger - Buddhist Enthusiast and Practitioner
* I think you have written the modern day Tibetan book of the Dead. The end of the first part with Jesus and Baconian was fantastic. The whole way Baconian got into Jesus' head was art. Christopher - Avid Adventure Reader /
* I enjoyed the book, which takes a comical look at religion and death. It's a nice read. Bill - General Reader (Note, this man, a professed agnostic, had two young daughters who died, years apart, for different reasons. Point being, the book takes on the subject of death in a very respectful, yet mischievous way. Ultimately, it gives people hope about the reality of the spirit. BjR )
* Well into part 2 now and still enjoying the ride. One thing I can say for sure after reading what I have is, I never know where the story can go! There is always a little surprise here and there down the road with the underlying story intact. I also enjoy the reflections I have after reading a part of the book and then thinking about it. Will keep you posted but I have to say this has been one of my more enjoyable reads so far this year. Lord Jagger.
* A classic in the making as are, undoubtedly, the ones which will follow it. There are very few authors I have ever found who possess the mastery to sculpt the written word with such ease and finesse. Ray - Buddhist Practitioner and Yoga Teacher
* I have never read the likes of this before. The soul contemplating existence in the psyche, like a prisoner, is a fabulous concept. And the characters, you have them all. Buddha. Jesus. Gods. Even His Holiness, the Dalai Lama is reborn in the future. It was a wonderful surprise when Cleopatra and Caesar came into the story also, as the soul's Intuition and Instinct! They were very entertaining. But of them all though, Baconian was my favorite. The adventure was fantastic. Thank you, Mr Rae. I can't wait for the next book in the trilogy! Michele - General reader - Agnostic / Explorer of the Mystic
* It is about time someone has presented an original and insightful way into these metaphysical realms. Well done! You are very talented, I cannot wait for the rest of the world to catch up, nor for you to write again and again. I will be following you! Regards, R. Shuflitowski - Yoga - Marin County Inhabitant
* I have started your e-book and have read the first four chapters. I have to say I really like what I am reading so far. The Baconian character is awesome! I think there is a little of him in many of us. I have turned my full attention on your book now and have trouble putting it down so I am sure to be done soon. It is well written with a good vocabulary (Which might be a little too good for some!) and the story flows in a nice way. I'm enjoying it immensely. Chris - Adventure Junkie / Explorer of the mystic
* An absolute masterpiece of satire!! Petya (Pett Corby virtualgigs)
* Bradley, thank you for sharing your writing with us. And what better way than to write about a journey that appeals to every one of us through the use of satire. Goes hand in hand with the cosmic joke we are all witnesses to. Greatly enjoyed your take on the Divine Comedy! -Kat. Doctor, Philosopher, Hospice Expert and Mother of two, in search of a new direction and the meaning in life.
* As only Baconian (protagonist) could, he seduced me, with elegant phrases and sparkling sentences, sending me on a journey that is both far out, and as near to one's heart imaginable. Under and upper worlds are his playground, inviting me page after page to partake in this literary feast. A good read at any level—and there are many delightful ones—the best, undoubtedly, that life is a glorious adventure. Maagy - Marin County Philosopher
* Presently reading it. It's really an amazing book! Emory - Avid reader of New Age.
* The only downfall of this book is that one can't put it down! JD - New Age Explorer
* Your work is incredible!!!!!!! Lana - Reader of literary works - Agnostic
* 'This book is very well written, the story both deliciously twisted and insightful. Bradley J. Rae takes us on an epic journey, shedding light throughout the darkest corners of the mind and he does so with the navigational skills of one not blinded by Earthly limitation - This man's compass is anything but smashed!' ~Rachel Michelle - Buddhist enthusiast
PLEASE SEND REVIEWS TO SMASHEDCOMPASS@HOTMAIL.COM